Automatic Shutdown

I tried enabling APM, but then the computer wouldn't shutdown at all, and just restarted all the time. so I always had to manually turn off my computer when the "It is now safe to turn off your computer" screen came up.

Well I fixed this problem, and came across the solution, for me accidently. I went to Device Manager, then to View then Show Hidden Devices, then you look on the list for NT Apm/Legacy Support.

Under that is NT Apm/Legacy Interface Node. I found that this driver was disabled. Why, I'm not too sure, but I enabled it and now when I shut down windows, my computer turns off automatically.

I went into power management and the APM was also activated/enabled....It must do this when you enable the driver.

Hope this is of help to anyone.

Written Under :: Labels: , , |

0 comments: